Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Thing #7--Content Saving & Sharing

This was a fun app to try out.  I've experienced a lot of peer pressure to get on Pinterest.  I haven't wanted to because I don't really need another distraction on the Internet.  I finally gave in and I can see why some people find it addictive.  There are a lot of neat things to see on there.

One thing I liked about Pinterest is that I can sign in from my Facebook account.  This way I don't need to remember a new password.  Very handy.  This way it also connected me with all my Facebook friends who already have Pinterest (which happened to be most of them) so I can see what they have on their boards.  Figuring out how to "pin" things took a little while.  Especially pinning things from out on the internet and not just from someone's board.  Fortunately it walked me through it and I was able to get the picture on my board.    

I'm always looking for new ideas for library book displays.  Pinterest is going to be very useful for this.  I've already set up a board for "Library Display Ideas."  It looks like there are good ideas for programs, too.  I can also see me frittering away the hours at home looking at craft ideas and recipes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment