Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Thing #1--Getting Started Blogging

When I heard about the 23 Mobile Things program I was really excited.  I have been toying with the idea of starting a library blog for some time and this gave me a great excuse, I mean opportunity, to do so.

I hope to get out of this program a greater understanding of some of the apps out there, what's available and how to use them.  So many of our patrons use them and have questions about them and it will be nice to be of some assistance when they ask.

For the 23 Things I will primarily be using a Kindle Fire. I realize not all of the apps are available for this device, but our library has one to use so it is the easiest to get my hands on.  Fortunately, I do have access to another tablet and can play around on that, too. So for the other apps I will use a Google Nexus tablet.  It will be interesting to see what the differences are between the two devices.  Maybe I'll be able to pirate someone's iPad and learn my way around that device as well.  But one can only hope.  


No comments:

Post a Comment