Thursday, May 29, 2014

Thing #15--Infographics

This Thing didn't quite work like I expected it to, but it was still interesting.  I downloaded the free app for i Visual Touch.  With this app you can make your own infographic.  At least in theory.  It didn't work to well on my phone, but it could be because the screen isn't that big.  It maybe would work on a tablet better. 

I was able to download the app OK, and watched the how-to video so I would know what I was trying to do.  Of course the video made everything look super easy and had all the options for the version you pay money for.  But the free version has enough options to get you started.  You can make the background a different color, add in different shapes or pictures.  The part that I had trouble with was making the shapes a different size.  I should have just been able to drag the corners to enlarge, but I usually just moved the object around the screen.  Since I couldn't make the objects the size I wanted to, I just added more of them.  And changed their colors just because I could.  A little added text and the infographic was complete, if nonsensical. 

I looked around the Play Store for other infographic apps and found a few.  I tried out Infographic (not a very original title, but at least you know what you're getting).  This app won't help you create your own infographic, but you can look at others that are out there.  It also has one of the highest customer ratings.  You can do a search by genre and find an infographic for it.  I looked at the ones under lifestyle and found a neat one on shaving I shared with my husband.  Under Animals there are a lot about what to do with your pet in hot weather.  The graphics under Economy were interesting, but half of them are in languages other than English.  It's a neat app to look at if you need to kill some time, but I don't know how useful it is.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment