Saturday, June 7, 2014

Thing #22--Discovering Apps

So this Thing is one I should have tried nearer the beginning.  For this thing I had to try out an app (or website) to find new apps to try out.

I tried out Droid of the Day (DOTD).  This app sends you a notice once a day about a featured app from the Google Play Store.  So far, it's been a bust.  At least for me.  None of the apps it's recommended have appealed to me.  I did look at one of them briefly, just because I didn't know what it was.  Something about discovering what days in the future will be my bad luck days.  Or something like that.  I would rather be surprised, so I didn't install that app.  I'll keep DOTD installed for now.  It's rather interesting to see what kind of apps are out there.  Perhaps I'll get lucky one of these days and it'll tell me about one I can use.

I've had more luck discovering new apps by just browsing the Play Store and seeing what's available.  I've also found some by visiting websites or reading blogs.  And people always want to share things they like, so ask your friends!


I just had a sad realization.  I thought I only had 2 Things left.  It turns out I skipped Thing #16--Audio.  Oops!  I'll have to go back and do that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment