Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thing #13--Presentations

So far, this has been the most frustrating Thing to work on.  For this I needed to download an app to help me make a slideshow presentation.  I've created powerpoint presentations before, so this should have been fairly simple.  I was wrong.

I tried the Deck Slideshow Presentations app for my phone.  It didn't work.  I was able to download it, but first it wouldn't let me open it.  So I uninstalled it, then re-installed it.  That worked.  I could open it.  But as soon as I tried to do anything, it froze on a black screen.  I was eventually able to view the sample slideshow on the app and do a little editing, but as soon as I'd back out and try to go back in it would freeze up again.  Very frustrating.

So I did a little searching in the Google Play store.  I found another presentation app--Presentation Maker.  Not the most user friendly app I've found, but at least I was able to do a slide show.  Just a quick 4 slide one on my spring adventures (I accidentally erased the title screen, so it was literally 4 slides long).  I was able to import pictures I took on my phone, add text and color the background.  Very basic, but it got the job done.

I don't see myself using this app or any presentation app any time soon.  There isn't much call for it in my life.  If I had to make one, I'd probably use Quickoffice. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment