Friday, June 13, 2014

Thing #21--Free-for-All

For this Thing I get to write about any app I want to.  Which is harder than it sounds since I just started using apps when I began the 23 Mobile Things. 

There are a couple that I use frequently (and I'm using the word frequently loosely).  One is the app for my bank.  It's super convenient when I just want to check how my accounts are doing (can I afford that new pair of shoes?).  Not a very exciting app, but very useful when on the go.

I've also been having fun with a QR/Barcode scanner app.  There are many of these out there.  I discovered I needed to try a few of them out to see which one worked the best on my phone.  I still can't scan every code I come across, but enough to make it worth while.  In fact, I thought QR codes were so neat, I decided to create and use them for the library.  I found a few websites where I could create them for free.  I made one and added a QR code to our Paws to Read bookmarks that lead to the website to register for the program.  Sweet.

And finally, being a weather junkie, I have the NOAA app.  Very handy when you need to know what kind of weather you'll meet on the trails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment