Thursday, June 12, 2014

Thing #16--Audio

OK, so I finally tried out one of the audio apps.  I gave SoundCloud a try.  I'm not sure how long I'll keep this app.  It does have a lot of music and podcasts to explore, so I'll give it a little while.

So, SoundCloud is a social media audio platform.  You can listen to and share music, podcasts and other audio.  You can also record your own audio and share it.  Since I logged in using my Facebook account I automatically started "following" my Facebook friends who have SoundCloud accounts.  I could then see what they have recorded and shared and their playlists.  I also browsed what I could listen too.  Lots of music I've never heard of.  Under music genres I discovered such things as techno, tech house, minimal techno and hardcore techno.  Who knew there were so many versions of techno?  There are also the familiar genres such as country, classical, hard rock, and hip hop.  Under audio genres I found a podcast from Freakonomics that I saved to listen to later.  Looked (sounded?) really interesting.  Many news items about the world cup.  So many that I don't think I'll have time to browse through them all.

So far I haven't recorded anything yet.  It's not my favorite thing to do, record my own voice.  I also couldn't figure out how to do it.  It's probably super easy and I'm just over thinking the app.  I don't see ever doing podcasts.  They seem like they'd take a long time to set up.  And like I said, I'm not a huge fan recording myself talk.  Writing is so much easier!

 
 
Also, the badge for completing 20 Things! 
 
 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment