Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Thing #9--Taking and Editing Photos

As you can tell from the title of this post, in this Thing I was to experiment with photos.  Rather fun.  I decided to try out Color Splurge.  This app allows you to play with the coloring of your photos.  If you're into photo editing this could be a fun app to have.  You can take and edit a photo using this app or upload one you have saved on your device or social media page.

I decided to upload a couple from my Facebook page.  This wasn't too hard.  The app took awhile to think about it, but it wasn't so long that it was inconvenient.  The photo is uploaded in black and white.  What you can do is select the rainbow color icon and use that to paint the original color back on the photo or you can select one color to paint on.  What is nice is you have many different shades to choose from, similar to many photo editing and drawing programs you may have on your desktop.  You also can change the size of your "paintbrush."  However, your paintbrush is your finger.  It's hard to do any minute detailing on your picture.  Also, the undo icon will undo all of your work, not just your most recent action.  I found that super annoying.  I had to start over several times.  I found it easier to select the B&W icon, paint over my mistake, and then try again with the color.

In the first photo I decided to just color my dress and leave the rest black and white.  This where I discovered that the undo button is over zealous and had to recolor many times. 



The second is a pitcher plant I photographed (along with a hapless ant) last summer at the Big Bog Rec Area.  I recolored the plant and left the background black and white. 



I don't think this will take the place of my usual photo editor, but if I wanted to play with my pictures on the go, this is an OK substitute.

Color Splurge
 

No comments:

Post a Comment