Thursday, March 27, 2014

Thing #17--Connecting to Community

As you can see, I'm jumping around and not doing the Things in order.  I've never been good at lists. 

Thing #17 is about using apps that have to do with the local community.  Not being very app savvy, I don't know of any that pertain to the Bemidji area.  I'm sure they exist, I just haven't found them yet.  I decided to try one called Going Out.  It's one the Star Tribune put out.  It will tell you about events and places to dine out in the Twin Cities area.  I'm not very familiar with the Cities so I thought this would be a good opportunity to see what's there. 

Many theater and show options.  I knew there were a lot of theaters in the Cities, but I didn't know there were that many.  I also looked at the educational options like the art museums and the Science Museum.  The Science Museum has the Ultimate Dinosaurs exhibit right now.  My husband and I might have to check that out.  We never did grow out of our love of dinosaurs.  For some reason, when I tried to look up movies, it didn't want to tell me about those.  Perhaps because it's a "locater app," so it gathers info based on your location and I was no where near those movie theaters.  I don't know.  I'll have to try it again to see if it works better at another time.

One app that I haven't tried out yet, but hope to is Highlights of the Superior Hiking Trail.  Looks too useful to pass up, especially with how much time we like to spend along Lake Superior.



 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment